Friday, January 7, 2011

oreo cheesecake cookies

Aren't you just getting tired of all the sweet, fattening, totally calorie and sugar laden treats that are a must over the holidays? .... Nah, me neither. I've been craving cheesecake lately, which isn't really a surprise since I crave all things sweet, when I ran across this recipe. Cookies go faster than anything else in this house, so it seemed like the perfect compromise. Well I think I made the right choice. These cookies, while sweet, are so freakin' delicious that it's hard to eat just one. And who can resist the classic combo of Oreos and cheesecake? I sure can't. These can be made just to eat, or as a special dessert, like a scoop of ice cream sandwiched between two cookies with a drizzle of chocolate syrup on top. Why didn't I think of that before we ate them all!?! You'll just have to try it, and tell me how amazing it was.

Oreo Cheesecake Cookies

½ cup unsalted butter, softened
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup all-purpose flour
½ cup mini chocolate chips
1 cup Oreo cookie crumbs (no icing), or crushed whole Oreos (w/ icing)


Preheat oven to 375 and line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
In a large bowl, cream together the butter and cream cheese until well combined. Add the sugar, salt and vanilla; mix well. Add flour and mix until incorporated. Stir in mini chocolate chips. Scoop the dough into 1 inch balls ( I used my TBSP measuring spoon, and scooped a heaping spoonful, then rolled it ) and roll in cookie crumbs so cookie is covered. Place onto parchment lined sheets. Flatten a little bit with a flat spatula or fork. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until the edges are very lightly golden and slightly puffed. Cool well and store in airtight container. Makes about 20 cookies.

1 comment: