Sunday, January 30, 2011

barbecue chicken flatbread pizza

Using the Herb & Garlic Flatbread recipe shown earlier, my boyfriend and I decided to improvise and use the simple crust as a base for pizza one night for supper. We've used it before to use up leftover pepperoni lunch meat to make a pizza and it turned out great, so we decided to try it again but switch it up a little. I'd never had a barbecue chicken pizza before, but I see them everywhere.. mostly in the frozen pizza aisle (and I was always way too chicken to try them .. *pun totally intended). This pizza is so simple to make and is surprisingly tasty. It was definitely refreshing to have something totally different for supper, and I'll absolutely be making this one again. Actually, I may even use the leftover taco meat in the fridge to make a taco pizza for supper tonight.. omg. Help me. I'll be eating pizza for the rest of my life.

Barbecue Chicken Flatbread Pizza

1/2 Recipe of Herb & Garlic Flatbread
(I left out the herbs and the garlic just to make a plain crust)
       1/2 a recipe makes 2 individual size pizzas
1/4 cup barbecue sauce
1 1/2 cups cooked, diced chicken
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup diced tomatoes
1 cup shredded cheese
Any additional toppings of your choice (ie. green, red, yellow pepper, black olives, bacon, etc.)

Pardon the awful lighting, please!

Prebake crusts from the Flatbread recipe just until slightly puffed and just barely beginning to get golden around the edges. Leave the oven on for baking to continue after dressing the pizzas. Spread a thin layer of barbecue sauce over each crust. Layer toppings onto the crusts, starting with the chicken and layering the finer toppings on top. The measurements for the toppings are easily adjustable and optional, depending on what you like. Sprinkle each pizza with cheese, and bake until the cheese is melted and edges are golden brown, about 5 minutes or less. Serve with ranch dressing for dipping. Serves 2.


No comments:

Post a Comment