Sunday, January 16, 2011

better than sex cake

Ok, so I don't know the truth about the name given to this cake, but I will say that it's pretty darn good. It's super moist, sweet, and satisfies a chocolate craving like you wouldn't believe (which is why I made this in the first place.. intense chocolate craving). So if you're not into anything sweet, chocolate, gooey, or delicious, then this cake's not for you. So get outta here!.. kidding. Oh, and the best thing about this cake? It's easy. Yep. I said it. Easy. And just look at it. The way the milk and caramel soak into the top of the cake is ridiculous, and then the cool whip/caramel/toffee/chocolate combo on top is enough to kill me. Seriously kill me. I'll need to follow up this recipe with a savoury or salty one just to even out the sweetness. But it's so good!

Better Than Sex Cake

1 box chocolate cake mix
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 jar caramel ice cream topping
1 package of Skor bits, or 3 Skor bars, chopped finely
1 container Cool Whip (either size, depending on how much you want)

Bake the cake according to baking directions. After pulling the cake out of the oven, using a fork, stab several holes in the top of the cake. Pour the condensed milk over the entire cake. Follow with the caramel topping, making sure to reserve some of the caramel for the garnish. When the cake is completely cooled, spread the Cool Whip over the entire cake evenly. Sprinkle the top with the skor bits and drizzle the remaining caramel on top. Store in the refrigerator. Makes 1 9x13" cake.

7 comments:

  1. Mmmmmmm, looks fabulous on here, I'm gonna go grab a piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. I think I will save this recipe and make it for our dessert tomorrow night. We are going to have a snow storm tomorrow night I think so it will be nice to have this in the house. It looks TOO delicious! YUM! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carly, I sure love this cake, the name too. Looks like one spoon in mouth forget mother's name.
    May I have you consent to copy the pic and recipe?
    Much obliged, thank you.
    Have a nice day, and keep a song in your heart.
    Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so making this for my husbands birthday .... He LOVES Chocolate and gooey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This does look good however I'm not a cool whip fan. I'm thinking a butter cream frosting might be too sweet but might try a layer of merangue.. (torched a bit). Thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Homemade whipped cream. Whipping cream and powdered sugar to taste, whip together until fluffy, but don't go to long or you will end up with sweet butter.

      Delete
  6. eat a booty hole kys bro i think sex is better

    ReplyDelete