Wednesday, November 10, 2010

easy bruschetta

Of all the fast and easy recipes I like to make, bruschetta is definitely my favourite. Tomato, onion, garlic, cilantro.. I think I've been making this once a week since moving back to school! I love to eat it on garlic bread, but you can have it on crusty french or baguette slices too. My mouth is watering just thinking about making this AGAIN tomorrow!
This usually makes about 4 slices, maybe a little more. Having leftovers is awesome, it gets better because the flavours all blend. Eat it as a side to whatever, pasta, a chicken salad, lasagna. Go crazy!

Easy Bruschetta:


1 large tomato or 3-4 roma, diced            
1/2 medium yellow or purple onion, finely chopped
2-3 spoonfuls of minced garlic

drizzle of oil, optional - any oil will do
salt and pepper, to taste
Parsley, dried or fresh



Dice the tomato up however big you'd like the pieces to be. I usually make them fairly small because I think it blends better with the rest of the ingredients. This goes for the onion too, the finer you chop it the better. Throw these two ingredients in a normal bowl, and spoon in the garlic. You can add more if you'd like, I usually do! Put a little drizzle of oil on top if you'd like. I usually don't because then it's fat free and its just fine. Sprinkle salt and pepper on top, just to taste, don't overdo the salt but add however much pepper you want for a little kick. Now load it up with parsley. The fresh stuff's better, but dried flakes work too.  Now just give it all a good stir, cover it in plastic and put it in the fridge, I'd say for at least an hour. I make it at lunch and then eat it at supper. Then the leftovers for the next day, which are faaabulous. Serve on your choice of bread. Enjoy!

1 comment: